Tuesday, March 16, 2010

On Saturday we had to present our mini social projects for AJ, the one where Jenna and I interviewed professional women. We pretty much ran it down to the wire as far as preparation goes. The night before I was still translating some interviews and Jenna was working on translating and coding the surveys we got back. We finished in time to present Saturday morning, and AJ told us we did really well. We definitely got some interesting answers. For instance, when we asked the professional women if they would be fulfilled as housewives only, one said "No, I'm not one of those." And there was one who said she told men "Don't tell me how to run my business" all the time.

The next two days were a flurry of studying for our midterms, which were yesterday and today. We still have a final presentation in Spanish, Dylan and I chose the Day of the Dead-I've only heard about it in every spanish class I've ever taken. The ecology test was the easiest out of all of them for me, since I already knew all of the terms and the vast majority of the concepts. We did have to spit out the scientific names and identification of the 7 species of sea turtle, but I'm pretty sure I got all of them. The hardest one for me was actually AJ's. I had a total "duh" moment when I couldn't remember what ESA stood for: Endangered Species Act. For this class and for this group of people, it should have been an giveaway question, but I kept looking at it thinking "Ecological Society of America? That's not right!" and making something up.

Tomorrow we leave for spring break. Dylan, Will, Jenna, Christina and I are all going to Todos Santos, this small surfing town for four days, and then going to Cabo for the last night before coming back. We've been coordinating with a couple people around Todos Santos for surfing lessons and potentially horseback riding. The woman I talked to for that said she only knew one woman who did like tours, and a couple others who only did lessons. If no one else wants to do a tour, I may spring for a lesson, just to get my horse fix and to say I took a riding lesson in Mexico! Although I'm thinking a riding lesson in Spanish would be super hard haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment