Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Interesting Article on Foreign Travel

This is from the Chronicle of the Horse, a publication that follows competitions and general goings-on in the horse world.  The author is currently following the Pan-American Games in Mexico and talks about her adaptations for working in foreign countries.

Managing Expectations

While I haven't been hung in red tape yet (knock on wood!), when I travel around Costa Rica on my own I usually expect something to go wrong, at some point.  I've missed buses, spent hours in a bank only to be told there's something wrong with my traveler's cheques (moral: don't EVER bring traveler's cheques!), and gotten completely lost.  But you slog through the lines and figure it out, and eventually get your money and find your bus.

No comments:

Post a Comment