Friday, February 5, 2010

Just a quick post during break. Yesterday we had our first Sustainable Development class with AJ, then drove into Ciudad Constitucion to get pictures taken for our student visas. We had some really awesome ice cream there too, I had coconut that tasted just like fresh coconut, and chocolate which was the awesome kind of Mexican chocolate that has some kind of cinammon or something mixed in. Came back, had dinner and then a weekly social, which was game night. We ended up playing Pictionary for probably two hours.

I woke up early today so I finally managed to upload all my pictures. I had to do one at a time and it took about 40 minutes to upload 20 pictures, and I only managed to do that because everyone was either asleep or running lol.

Today I had to lead RAP (Reflections Announcements Physicality). I read two Rachel Carson quotes and then did this game called Birdies and Perches, which is kind of like human musical chairs-one person's the birdie and the other the perch and when the music stops the birdie has to be off the ground. Last pair standing wins.

We had our first classes in Resource Management (with Vero) and Coastal Ecology (with Eduardo). Funnily enough, Eduardo was going over his research background and two of his main projects were on amphipods and frogs...that sounded familiar.

Anyway, album is here: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2037169&id=1480320118&l=8310a6c09b it should work for everyone, whether or not they have facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment