Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Terremoto!

Just a quick update before I forget. I felt an earthquake last night! It was minor, similar to what you'd feel if you stood on a plane tarmac or next to a train. I was sitting in the computer lab and felt a rumble and a shake and at first thought it was a big boat or something, then realized there's no way I'd feel that. I went outside and there were a bunch of people congregating around the intern cabin and Gustavo came out and told everyone what it was. Apparently they're not that uncommon, since Baja is essentially on a fault line.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Earthquake tremors?
    Sounds like you're on one fascinating semester; great colleagues, ok food, and earthquakes.

    We are not blessed with earthquakes in eastern PA, but snow is a different thing altogether--just located my outdoor grill after shoveling for an hour. Nearly two feet of the stuff fell in the past 24 hours.

    I'm ready for Baja beaches and lemonade :)
    Take care,
    Thomas Hall
    Crossroads

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kate, love your blog! What an adventure. I was wondering what Mexican yoga pants look like? Seriously, if you have clothes made for you in Mexico, it would be so cool to have them reflect the Mexican culture.
    Andy
    somehow I ended up on Tino's google account and I don't want to retype the comment so just know it is a message from me. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha well the pants are whatever you would want them to look like. Alma makes whatever you draw her. Most of the girls last semester had very modern dresses, and my sweatpants were just like ones youd see in America

    ReplyDelete