Sunday, February 7, 2010

Today was our first day off, so everyone slept in another couple of hours. Got up around 10 and got breakfast, which is fend for yourself on Sundays. A bunch of people went to a beach (since ours is polluted) but I stayed back to finish up some reading and a paper on environmental ethics. Jenna (one of my roommates), Dave, Lindsey and I went into town for lunch. I ended up getting bistec ranchero, which is kind of shredded beef with peppers and onions mixed in. Pretty much everything is served with beans and tortillas and usually rice. I still haven´t figured out the best way to eat things, I still do a kind of wrap. Lindsey got this thing that we couldn´t figure out what it was until we got back to the center and asked Jose, the kid from Mexico city. Apparently she ate pig fat lol. After lunch we walked around San Carlos a bit and stopped in the grocery store for assorted snack foods. I hadn´t really been around San Carlos during the day except for our tour. It´s nice to be able to see the uneven sidewalks and stray dogs in the light lol. When we got back the people from the beach were back and I finished up (for real this time) my readings. I had gotten confused and didn´t realize we had readings for the field exercise yesterday, so I had a backlog to finish. Since it was Sunday a group of students had to cook dinner, which was bbq chicken, pasta and stir fry veggies. We tried to find somewhere that streamed the Super Bowl, but failed.

No comments:

Post a Comment