Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Costa Rica!

Well, I made it to Costa Rica in one piece, as did my luggage. Actually, that's a lie. There was a box that broke into multiple pieces, but that's not important. I was met at the airport by another intern Mark and Yendry (pronounced JEN-dree, not sure what her job is yet). Atenas is a little over half an hour's drive NW of San Jose. Turns out, Mark and Amara (Student Affairs Manager) are leaving soon and tonight was their going away party. I was warned that it would probably be a little weird, since my first introduction to everyone would be at a party. There's so many people at this center, I need like a cheat sheet. Unlike Mexico it looks like almost everyone brought their family to live here, and the default language is Spanish. Last night I realized my Spanish needs a lot of work! Everyone was really really nice, even when I couldn't understand them lol. It's obvious that everyone here is really close.

I'll update on what the center looks like once I get some pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment