Friday, July 8, 2011

A couple of things I didn't expect:
-my hair appears to LOVE it here. I don't understand, it always protested so vehemently to humidity. It was great in Mexico too, I guess it just wants me to go abroad all the time.
-it pays to be neat and clean. Scorpions like piles of clothes...so I feel like the time it takes to make my bed is worth it.
-the food is MUCH better than the travel blogs say.
-plaintains (platanos) are awesome. Ok, I did kind of expect that.
-my spanish skills depend on who's talking. I understand Yendry perfectly, but can barely catch the gist of the cooks.
-lizards everywhere, from itty bitty ones to iguanas that destroy the lettuce beds.
-people with the same name as me (more or less). The name Katy is pretty common, and pronounced kah-tay. As a result, I'm Katy to half the people here.
-two words: MANGO TREES. Everywhere. The season's almost over, but there's still a couple hanging around (haha).

No comments:

Post a Comment