Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Students arrived yesterday and so far today we've taken them on tours through both the center and Atenas. Atenas is like a 10 min drive from the center and has like 6 main roads, so it's pretty easy to navigate. There's a central plaza/park, a market, and a church that are the main markers. It's becoming apparent to me that my AmEx card won't work like, anywhere. It's all Visa and MasterCard.

I need to come up with some kind of project to work on while I'm at the center. One of the last interns was writing a paper with Sergio, and Daniela is helping with the Rainforest Alliance Certification that the center's working on. It's also hard right now because a) I don't know much about what everyone's working on, and b) we'll be going on field trips like every couple of days. Maybe for now my project will be improving my Spanish lol.

I've actually started running in the mornings with Daniela and Jess (the student affairs manager). I'm still awful and have to walk periodically, but we've been doing about 3 miles a day. This morning we got going at 6am because we needed to be on time to breakfast. It's also MUCH cooler then, so you're not dying by the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment